- Job Title
- Hindu Temple Religious Worker (non-pastoral role)
- Number of positions
- Job Reference
- Shri Venkateswara Balaji Temple of UK, 101 Dudley Road East, Oldbury, B69 3DU
- £19,266.00 to 19,300.00 per Annum
- Date advert started
- Closing date
- Reports to
- Temple Manager
Type of position
- Full Time
- 24 months fixed term
Hours per week: 39.0
- Regular hours
Shri Venkateswara (Balaji) Temple in Tividale is the culmination of deeply felt spiritual aspirations and one of the most remarkable achievements of the Hindu communities in the United Kingdom. The temple is set in an approximately 30 acres of land, with a number of different shrines and other facilities and it has grown over a 10-year period to become the largest Hindu temple of its kind in Europe. Much more than simply a physical complex, it brings together a remarkably wide cross-section of Hindus into a vibrant, thriving Organisation, and is now recognized as one of the leading Hindu institutions in this country. website: www.venkateswara.org.uk
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- To contribute to organisation growth through the quality service to ensure the spiritual needs of the devotees.
- To guide and direct his assistants, if any, to ensure that all activities are carried out at the scheduled time and sanctified manner.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- To make daily neivedyam (holy food for the God) / Madapalli cooking (specially tasked to cook for the deities in the temple in South Indian tradition.
- To support to our resident Priests and for the assistance of ritual preparation
- To liaise with the Temple Administrator and / or chairperson of the Religious Sub Committee and / or other designated representative of the employer.
- Direct all requests by devotees for special Pooja (prayers), Abishekam and Howan to the Temple office.
- To carry out such other reasonable religious duties as many requested from time to time by the employer and conveyed by the Trustees / Chairperson of Religious subcommittee.
- Explain and ensure devotee participation in rituals.
- Adhere to temple rules, processes, procedures and policies.
- Applicant should have Brahmin lineage of priesthood.
- Able to make daily neivedyam in both the Shaivite and Vaishnavite traditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and guide assistant priest(s) as required.
- Be of exemplary character befitting the position of the Priest in a Hindu Temple and should be vegetarians, abstain from alcohol, tobacco.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: