- Job Title
- Hindu Temple Sculptor Assistants
- Number of positions
- Job Reference
- Shri Venkateswara Balaji Temple of UK, 101 Dudley Road East, Oldbury, B69 3DU
- £19,266.00 to 19,300.00 per Annum
- Date advert started
- Closing date
- Reports to
- Temple Manager
Type of position
- Full Time
- 24 months fixed term
Hours per week: 39.0
- Regular hours
Shri Venkateswara (Balaji) Temple in Tividale is the culmination of deeply felt spiritual aspirations and one of the most remarkable achievements of the Hindu communities in the United Kingdom. The temple is set in an approximately 30 acres of land, with a number of different shrines and other facilities and it has grown over a 20-year period to become the largest Hindu temple of its kind in Europe. Much more than simply a physical complex, it brings together a remarkably wide cross-section of Hindus into a vibrant, thriving Organisation, and is now recognized as one of the leading Hindu institutions in this country. website: www.venkateswara.org.uk
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Hindu Temple sculptor assistants (Artisans) to sculpt, carve, adorn and install Hindu religious scultptors on each Hindu Deity's shrine at the Temple under the guidance of the Sthapati from India. These must be done according to strict sacred Hindu religious directives.
- To assist the Sculptor in designing intricate works for the Sanctum, Mandaps and the outside niches with heavy art work reflecting the Hindu Tradition and Customs.
- To carry minor repair work to internal shrines and other external embellishments.
- To liaise with the office manager and / or other designated representative of the employer.
- Adhere to temple rules, processes, procedures and policies.
- During the work, the assistants will be expected to maintain purity and austerity and abide by other Hindu guidelines.
- Be of exemplary character befitting the position of the Hindu Temple sculptor assistants and should be vegetarians, abstain from alcohol, tobacco.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: